Don’t Let Your Business Run You
As an entrepreneur, it’s easy to become overrun by your own business. You constantly feel the pressure to succeed and handle all the problems yourself. You have a vision and feel as if you are the only one that can get things done. You want to expand and grow your business but the tasks and obligations seem to keep piling up and something is always needing your attention now. When the tax man comes calling and there are suppliers to be paid, it seems like you are constantly doing something other than what you want to be doing.
It’s so easy to be pulled away in countless different directions that you start loose the vision that you started with and what brought you to where you are. As an entrepreneur, it’s important to take a step back and look at the big picture. Not only is this mentality bad for business but it’s bad for your health. The stress that you are placing upon yourself to get it all done will eventually take its toll, so let’s get you some help now. #wehaveaVA4that
Here are 16 tips to help guide you in the right direction. Take back control of your business.
1) Hire a Virtual Assistant for 5-10 hours/month.
2) Stop working on the weekends.
3) Say “Yes! Thank you!” when someone offers you help.
4) Get inspired daily!
5) Ask your partner to cook dinner, do the laundry, etc.
6) Start outsourcing tasks you really, dislike (#wehaveaVA4that)
7) Take Friday afternoons off.
8) Improve a skill that would give you more confidence.
9) Commit to only checking your inbox 2x a day. (I’m still working on this one…)
10) Invest in a coach to help you streamline your business.
11) Take a solid lunch break (30-60 minutes).
12) Turn the computer off at 5pm.
13) Stop bringing your laptop into the bedroom.
14) Go for a walk when you’re feeling stressed instead of “powering through”.
15) Make a positive mindset a top priority.
16) Make time for self-care !!! (exercise, massages, yoga, walks in nature, journaling, reading, meditation, etc.)
At the end of the day, try to remember the reason you started your own business in the first place. Take a look at the process and learn how a VA can help relieve some of the bottle necks so that you don’t become a slave of the trade.
“Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it.” – unknown